Patagonia Black Hole Duffel Bag
The Black Hole Duffel Bag has become a staff favorite at our shops. It’s a perfect solution for carrying all your miscellaneous stuff that inevitably finds its way into your gear pile. Will I need another pair of long underwear? Throw it in! Another set of gloves? Jam it in there! Extra batteries for my headlamp? Toss it in! Bug Spray? Yup! How about these random socks that I may or may not use? Shove it in there! Why not!
They named these bags the “black hole” for a reason. Somehow, there is always room for that extra item. The amount of room in these things is bewildering. Yes, there is a capacity (obviously), but you can fit a ton of gear in them!
Here are some features:
- Constructed with a durable rip stop fabric
- DWR coating makes this bag water resistant
- Mesh pockets on underside of lid (great for toiletries)
- Zippered exterior pocket, which the whole bag can stuff itself into
- Easily converts into a backpack with the included padded backstraps
- Padded base to keep contents cushioned and protected
- Exterior daisy chains for attaching, whatever…
- Interior buckled straps to keep stuff secured
If you’re looking for a general purpose, rugged, and sleek duffel bag, look no further. This thing is quickly becoming a standard gear piece with our staff here at Nomad. A brilliant gift for the fisherperson or non -fisherperson in your life. Patagonia hit a home run with this one! Also check out its smaller counterpart, the Black Hole Cube.