April 28th 2023
Trout opener is tomorrow! So get ready to head back out to your favorite creek and small stream that has been closed for half the year! With the way the weather has been treating us its no surprise we have a huge rain storm moving in today. It seems its going to rain from Friday all the way to Tuesday which is no fun at all due to the water levels finally coming down and leveling out!
Heading out this weekend it seems its going to set up really nice for streamer fishing again like last weekend! All the fish we have been catching on streamers have been on 4-5 inch jig style streamers in the colors Black, White, Olive and Tan. Those have turned the most fish for us in the last couple trips with clients.
For all my Dry Fly lovers don't worry the wait is over! We caught tons of fish in the last couple days on dries, mostly BWO's, Caddis, and some Hennies have been seen flying around Grand Rapids rivers! All the BWO fish are being caught on size 18 and 20, for the caddis it has been tan caddis in the 12 and 14 size range. Fish have been happy to feed on dries and we don't see that stopping any time soon!
Join us at Third Nature Brewing Company on Saturday April 29th for our first ever Trout Opener Party and Gear Swap! It has been a long winter, but trout season is finally here and we are ready to celebrate. Come out to Third Nature between 1pm and 4pm for lunch, a few beers, door prizes, discounts, gear swap, demo rods to cast from Scott and Echo, demo lines to cast from Scientific Anglers, and an opportunity to win raffle prizes from Simms, Cortland, Echo, Orvis, Scientific Anglers, Third Nature Brewing Company, Nomad Anglers, and more!
Do you have a closet full of gently used fly fishing gear that you are ready to part ways with? Well, we have great news. We will be hosting a Gear Swap at our Trout Opener Party! Here is how it works:
- Bring your gently used rods, reels, packs and gear bags to Nomad Anglers Grand Rapids location during business hours between April 17th and April 28th.
- Tell us what you would like to sell it for, and we will put it up for sale at our Trout Opener Party at Third Nature Brewing Company on April 29th.
- If your gear sells, a 10% service fee will be deducted from the sale price of any item sold at the event. The remaining amount will be issued in the form of store credit, which can be used to purchase new gear at Nomad Anglers in the future
- Anything that doesn’t sell at the Gear Swap must be picked up at the Grand Rapids shop between April 30th and May 15th or sold to the shop for shop credit.
- Questions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to seeing you all at Third Nature Brewing Company on Trout Opener!
Guide Trips Available!
I do have a couple dates left for Streamer fishing just out side of Grand Rapids. This is the most productive time of year for streamer fishing for trout and bass. I also have May dry fly trips available. These are mostly afternoon till dark trips. Contact me for availability and take advantage of discounts for booking multiple days.
Cell - (248)875-4143
Email - Christian@nomadanglers.com